Experienced Cobb County DUI Defense Attorney
Time is not on your side - you need to act within 30 days to save your driver's license - and you don’t want to face a DUI in Georgia alone! I'm a former Cobb County prosecutor who spent years prosecuting DUI arrests in Cobb County. Now, I'm a DUI Defense Attorney in Cobb County, serving all of Metro Atlanta, and I put all that knowledge to work for you. You should know that a guilty plea can complicate your life in many ways you may not have thought about.
I can help you fight and defeat your DUI arrest or, if necessary, mitigate the impact of a DUI conviction on your life. Many people believe that their first DUI arrest is not that serious. Some believe they will just have to pay a fine and be done with it... That is not the case. Below are some of the possible consequences for a DUI arrest in Metro Atlanta.
License Suspension for 12 Months on Conviction
If you are convicted of a DUI, you will face a license suspension for up to 1 year. However, you may be eligible for a limited driving permit which allows you to drive for work, school, health care, and a few other activities. However, this depends on your history and whether you are convicted of DUI alcohol or DUI drugs.
- First DUI arrest: 10 days minimum and up to 1-year max. However, the judge may probate all but 24 hours.
- Second DUI arrest: 90 days minimum and up to 1-year max. However, the judge may probate all but 72 hours.
- Third DUI arrest: 120 days minimum and up to 1-year max (High and Aggravated). The judge may probate all but 15 days.
- Fourth DUI arrest: Could be charged as a felony. You are looking at a minimum of one-year incarceration.
- First DUI arrest: $300.00 – $1,000.00 plus court surcharges; 40 hours of community service; DUI school / Risk Reduction; clinical evaluation and any treatment recommended.
- Second DUI arrest: $600.00 – $1,000.00 plus court surcharges; 240 hours of community service; DUI school / Risk Reduction; clinical evaluation and any treatment recommended.
- Third DUI arrest: $1000.00 - $5,000.00 plus court surcharges; 240 hours of community service; DUI school / Risk Reduction; clinical evaluation and any treatment recommended.
A guilty plea to DUI in Georgia leaves you vulnerable to all the above. However, I can help protect you. My knowledge of DUI defense law and reputation in the courtroom helps me challenge the charge against you and, if necessary, negotiate for a reduced charge.
If you or someone you know has been charged with a DUI arrest, call 404-369-0048.
Law enforcement uses tools such as a breath test and roadside sobriety tests to establish probable cause to arrest you for DUI and to collect valuable evidence against you. To develop a strong defense, I challenge:
- The accuracy and relevancy of the breath machine results
- The administration and interpretation of field sobriety tests
- Subjective observations made by law enforcement officers
- Probable cause for your traffic stop, including unlawful sobriety checkpoints
- And more
My fee for DUI defense is a flat-fee. Unlike most other attorneys, my fee includes trial. The only additional costs will be if we need an expert or your case is appealed. I understand the financial burden this places on you. I take all forms of payment, and I offer affordable payment plan options.
Speak to a criminal defense attorney now at (404) 369-0048 for a free assessment of your case. There are no obligations.