Your Future Can Still Be Protected!

If you or your child has been charged with minor in possession of alcohol and it's your first or second arrest, there are options available to you to keep the arrest off your record. My goal is to get you the best possible outcome in your case.

There are many defenses to a minor in possession charge and the prosecution is going to have to prove you knowingly possessed the alcohol to get a conviction. However, even if you were caught with that silver bullet in your hand, took an alcohol breath test that came back positive, or just admitted to consuming alcohol, I can mitigate the impact of that charge and possibly get the case dismissed.

Pre-Trial Diversion / Conditional Discharge / First Offender

Sometimes guilty is guilty and there's nothing even the most high priced lawyer can go about it. Like I said before, my goal is to get you the best possible outcome for your case. Sometimes that means mitigating the impact of a minor in possession charge.

​If this is your first arrest, you may be eligible for pre-trial diversion. This usually includes an alcohol addiction evaluation, community service, a fine, clean alcohol / drug screens, and various other conditions. Successful completion will enable a dismissal of your case. Most courts require you to be represented by an attorney to enter this program.

Conditional Discharge and First Offender pleas are entered into at sentencing and you are placed on probation for a period of time with conditions similar to pre-trial diversion. Upon successful completion, the conviction will be expunged from your record.

Free Consultation

Talk to a criminal defense attorney now at (404) 369-0048 for a free assessment of your case.